Cultural Marketing Program
The Cultural Marketing Program (CMP) is a program that manages limited marketing funds and maximizes media exposure to bolster support to producing cultural groups across the community, in order to build Brevard’s cultural destination profile.
This program, started in 2009, is now in its 7th year. Organizations evaluated and accepted for the Cultural Marketing Program’s cooperative marketing support have numbered 15-20 501(c)(3) organizations per year. Many of the producing groups have a season of offerings, starting in October and some going year round, while others represent an annual major festival event or a year-round arts/cultural attraction.
The majority of the marketing within the initiative is event and date focused, and serves to provide practical support for increasing attendance and gives brand exposure, not only for the individual groups but for destination cultural awareness. It is an allocation of Space Coast Office of Tourism marketing resources that provides additional and different opportunities for supporting an organization and is not meant to replace an organization’s own marketing plan.
APPLICATION PERIOD for FY 2016-17 is now open and the deadline to submit an application to participate is July 19, 2016.
- Promote Brevard County as a Cultural Destination, attracting visitors and encouraging return visits.
- Enhance the Space Coast’s cultural, natural and historic sector through cross promotion and event-specific marketing for the benefit of residents and visitors.
Current Participating Groups (FY 2015-16)
- Brevard Zoo
- Brevard Nature Alliance/Birding Festival
- Cocoa Village Playhouse
- Foosaner Art Museum
- Melbourne Art Festival
- Melbourne Chamber Music Society
- Melbourne Main Street
- Native Rhythms Festival
- Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts
- Space Coast Art Festival
- Space Coast Jazz Society
- Space Coast Music Festival
- Space Coast Symphony Orchestra
- Surfside Players
- U.S. Space Walk of Fame & Museum
- Valiant Air Command